Head Lice Information
Three forms of head lice:
- Louse is the term used to describe an adult. An adult louse is about the size of a sesame seed and tan to grayish white in color. Adult lice may live up to 30 days on a persons head and the female can lay between 100 to 200 eggs during that lifespan.
- Nit is the term for a louse egg. They are very hard to see and can be confused with hair spray droplets or dandruff. Nits are oval and usually yellow to white.
- Nymph is the term for a newly hatched baby louse. It differs from an adult louse only in size. Nymphs mature into adults in about 7 days.
Head lice life cycle
- When a female louse finds its way onto the head of a person, she starts laying eggs, or nits, along with a saliva-based glue that firmly attaches the nits to the hair close to the scalp. An adult female can deposit 6-8 nits in 2 days!
- In a week or so, the nits hatch, and the newborn lice nymphs take their first meal of blood from the persons head by attaching itself to the hair shaft, an inch from the scalp.
- It takes about 10 days for a newborn louse to become an adult. Once an adult, the female louse can start laying eggs. This means it only takes 16 days for an egg (nit) to become a female louse capable of laying more eggs! Adult lice live for 9-10 days, making the total life span of a louse from egg to adult about 25 days.
- Nits are the hardest to remove from the hair. You may feel them before you see them. Some people mistake nits for dandruff, but dandruff is larger and white, able to be flicked off with your finger. Nits are tiny and yellowish white and cannot be easily removed from hair.
How lice spread
Head Lice spread when people are in close contact or when they share clothing or personal items that have been in contact with the head or neck. Head lice do not fly or jump; they can only crawl.
Head lice can infest anyone young, old, rich, poor, clean, or dirty! Avoid sharing personal items such as hats, coats, brushes, combs and pillows.
The current poison treatments for lice are not working! Lice Trap Shampoo™ is safe and non-toxic!
Kids are getting "treated" multiple times with poisons that are toxic and hazardous! There are many well documented health problems associated with the synthetic pesticide poisons used to "control" head lice. Any head lice control using dangerous, volatile, synthetic pyrethroids, pyrethrum and/or pipernol butoxide can cause acute or chronic illness, nervous system damage or worse! It also appears that head and body lice are become resistant to these toxins.
All Natural Ginesis products are safe and non-toxic when used as directed. Natural Ginesis is not a substitute for medical advice. The operators of this website and those who provide information for this site do not directly or indirectly practice medicine or dispense medical advice or services through this website. You should not rely on this information to determine a diagnosis or course of treatment, nor should it be considered a replacement for consultation with a physician or other certified healthcare provider. Natural Ginesis and its distributors do not make representations or warranties with respect to any information offered or provided on or through any company web sites regarding treatment, action or application of product. Neither Natural Ginesis nor any of its divisions or contributors shall have any liability for the content, errors or omissions in the information provided by this web site. Neither Natural Ginesis nor its distributors are responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis, or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site. Those with health problems, pregnancy or who are nursing are specifically advised that they should consult their physician before taking any nutritional supplement. Thank You!