- 6 -- Number of legs on a cockroach
- 18 -- Number of knees on most cockroaches (at least!)
- 40 -- Number of minutes cockroaches can hold their breath
- 75 -- Percentage of time that cockroaches spend just resting (how lazy can you get?)
- 5,000 -- Number of species of cockroaches worldwide
- Some female cockroaches mate once and are pregnant for the rest of their lives.
- A cockroach can live a week without its head. The roach only dies because without a mouth, it can't drink water and dies of thirst.
- Cockroaches can run up to three miles in an hour.
- Young cockroaches need only a crack as thin as a dime (about .5mm wide) to crawl into. Adult males can squeeze into a space of 1.6mm or the thickness of a quarter. Pregnant females need the most space to hide (4.5mm or a space as tall as two stacked nickels).
- A cockroach heart is nothing but a simple tube with valves. The tube can pump blood backwards and forwards in the insect. The heart can even stop moving without harming the roach.
- Roaches can live without food for a month, but will only survive a week without water.
- Most species of roaches live in the tropics. But roaches live all over the world, including the North and South Poles. Pest cockroaches can withstand temperatures as cold as 32°F (0°C), but will die if the temperature goes much below that. In extremely cold places, however, they survive by moving in with humans.
- Cockroaches can climb walls because they are equipped with a set of little claws on their feet designed for that very purpose.
- Crushed cockroaches can be applied to a stinging wound to help relieve the pain.
- Some female cockroaches incubate their egg cases in their bodies until they are ready to hatch. These babies stay with their mothers a day or two after they are born.
- Male cockroaches transfer sperm to females in a "gift-wrapped" package called a spermatophore. Some males cover the package in a protein-rich wrapping that the female can eat to obtain nutrients to raise her young.
The five steps to remove roaches with Kleen Green™ enzymes
Suggested Dilution: 4 oz of Kleen Green™ to 28 oz of water in a spray bottle
Step 1: Remove the visible roaches and clean your home
- Apply a light mist to the entire mattress. Pay particular attention in spraying mattress seams, buttons and tears. Don't forget to treat the bottom of the mattress, box springs and bed frame. The objective is not the quantity of spray used, but rather the proper placement of the enzyme cleaner.
- Spray Kleen Green™ into cracks, crevices and corners! Inspect and spray along baseboards, window frames, wall paper edges, heat registers and other moldings. Check behind pictures, drapes, wall sockets and even closets. As it may be impossible to penetrate all hiding places immediately, bugs may be seen for several days after the first treatment. Retreat as necessary.
- Vacuum carpet thoroughly and wash all bedding.
- You can also spray the roaches directly!
Step 2: Cut down on their food supply
You will leave less food for the roaches if you:
- Vacuum or sweep the floor after every meal.
- Wash dishes in soapy, hot water to eliminate all traces of grease.
- Keep trash in a tightly closed container.
- Keep compost as far from the house as possible. Cover each new "deposit" with a fresh layer of sand or soil.
- Store unused portions of chips, cereal, cookies, flour, sugar, rice, etc. in tightly sealed plastic containers or large glass jars with screw-on lids.
- After a pet has eaten, remove their food bowl and sweep the floor.
- Don't walk around the house while eating. Try to keep all your crumbs in one room (less cleaning for you).
- Don't forget to clean crumbs from under appliances and spray with Kleen Green™.
- Spray and clean any surface in the kitchen with Kleen Green™.
- Kleen Green™will digest any organic matter on any surface!
Step 3: Make it hard for them to hide
If they can't hide, you can get them.
- Move woodpiles away from outside walls.
- Take your recycling out promptly; avoid letting old food cans, stacks of newspapers or magazines pile up.
- Roaches like "unclean" areas. Make your kitchen sparkling and sanitized with Kleen Green™!
Step 4: Dry up their water supply
Like humans, roaches can go much longer without food than without water. To keep roaches away, keep them thirsty.
- Fix dripping faucets.
- Pour some Lysol or Kleen Green™ into toilets at night to make the water undrinkable.
- Don't over water house plants. Soggy soil is a delicious cockroach cocktail.
Step 5: Keep them out!
To prevent roaches from migrating from your neighbor's house to yours, seal up common roach entryways.
- Fill holes where pipes disappear into walls with steel wool or caulk.
- Pour a little Lysol or Kleen Green™ down your drains nightly to discourage roaches from crawling up into your sinks.
- Keep sink plugs over drains.
All Natural Ginesis products are safe and non-toxic when used as directed. Natural Ginesis is not a substitute for medical advice. The operators of this website and those who provide information for this site do not directly or indirectly practice medicine or dispense medical advice or services through this website. You should not rely on this information to determine a diagnosis or course of treatment, nor should it be considered a replacement for consultation with a physician or other certified healthcare provider. Natural Ginesis and its distributors do not make representations or warranties with respect to any information offered or provided on or through any company web sites regarding treatment, action or application of product. Neither Natural Ginesis nor any of its divisions or contributors shall have any liability for the content, errors or omissions in the information provided by this web site. Neither Natural Ginesis nor its distributors are responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis, or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site. Those with health problems, pregnancy or who are nursing are specifically advised that they should consult their physician before taking any nutritional supplement. Thank You!