- Head Lice
Head Lice Information
Three forms of head lice:
- Louse is the term used to describe an adult. An adult louse is about the size of a sesame seed and tan to grayish white in color. Adult lice may live up to 30 days on a persons head and the female can lay between 100 to 200 eggs during that lifespan.
- Nit is the term for a louse egg. They are very hard to see and can be confused with hair spray droplets or dandruff. Nits are oval and usually yellow to white.
- Nymph is the term for a newly hatched baby louse. It differs from an adult louse only in size. Nymphs mature into adults in about 7 days.
Head Lice Video
Shot with a High Powered Intel Play QNX Microscope with 60x and 200x magnification viewing a live louse digesting human blood while sitting on a hair. Length = 4:07 min
Other Informational / Self-Help Videos
NOTE: These videos are located on other websites and Natural Ginesis
is not responsible for their content. They are for informational purposes only.
Head lice life cycle
- When a female louse finds its way onto the head of a person, she starts laying eggs, or nits, along with a saliva-based glue that firmly attaches the nits to the hair close to the scalp. An adult female can deposit 6-8 nits in 2 days!
- In a week or so, the nits hatch, and the newborn lice nymphs take their first meal of blood from the persons head by attaching itself to the hair shaft, an inch from the scalp.
- It takes about 10 days for a newborn louse to become an adult. Once an adult, the female louse can start laying eggs. This means it only takes 16 days for an egg (nit) to become a female louse capable of laying more eggs! Adult lice live for 9-10 days, making the total life span of a louse from egg to adult about 25 days.
- Nits are the hardest to remove from the hair. You may feel them before you see them. Some people mistake nits for dandruff, but dandruff is larger and white, able to be flicked off with your finger. Nits are tiny and yellowish white and cannot be easily removed from hair.
How lice spread
Head Lice spread when people are in close contact or when they share clothing or personal items that have been in contact with the head or neck. Head lice do not fly or jump; they can only crawl.
Head lice can infest anyone young, old, rich, poor, clean, or dirty! Avoid sharing personal items such as hats, coats, brushes, combs and pillows.
The current poison treatments for lice are not working! Lice Trap Shampoo™ is safe and non-toxic!
Kids are getting "treated" multiple times with poisons that are toxic and hazardous! There are many well documented health problems associated with the synthetic pesticide poisons used to "control" head lice. Any head lice control using dangerous, volatile, synthetic pyrethroids, pyrethrum and/or pipernol butoxide can cause acute or chronic illness, nervous system damage or worse! It also appears that head and body lice are become resistant to these toxins.
LICE TRAP SHAMPOO™ MOUSSE FOAM is a nontoxic, pesticide free product proven to eliminate head lice and their eggs (nits) in just one treatment. This cleansing mousse foam product uses a combination of naturally occurring active enzymes to remove head lice and nits without the risk associated with pesticide poisons. One canister, used as directed, has been 99% effective in removing the head lice and their nits!
HOW LICE LICE TRAP SHAMPOO WORKS
Lice Trap Shampoo Dissolves Nit GLUE! One application of this lice shampoo gets rid of head lice and the nits because the enzymes in Lice Trap softens the glue that holds the nits to the hair shaft, allowing them to be easily combed and rinsed away. The "resistance factor" never becomes an issue. The head lice and nits are off the head and down the drain in 30 minutes.
- Clinically proven to dissolve nit glue!
- 100% SAFE! NONTOXIC!
- Safe for repeated use. No retreatments - One step process!
- Completely biodegradable upon application.
- Has no residual contamination.
- Safe for people, pets, wildlife and crops.
- Lice CANNOT become resistant to LICE TRAP SHAMPOO.
- Cost effective - NO RETREATMENTS on same infestation.
Directions for use:
- Wet hair with warm water at a bath or kitchen sink. DO NOT use this product while taking a bath or showering. Place a clean wash towel over eyes for protection.
- Add small amount of LICE TRAP SHAMPOO to hair and massage for 5 minutes.
- DO NOT RINSE!
- Add more mousse and massage 5 more minutes. DO NOT RINSE!
- Continue to add and massage until half of 4oz. bottle is used on the hair and scalp.
- With shampoo still in the hair, comb through the hair with any fine tooth come to assist in removing the nits that have been released. Rinse thoroughly with a strong spray of very warm water. The lice and the nits will rinse out.
- Inspect under bright light.
LICE TRAP SHAMPOO is an extremely efficient shampoo! It can lift pediculicide shampoos, pesticide poisons, hair spray glues, rinse-in hair color and other debris and irritants from your hair and scalp. If you use this enzyme cleaner and you have previously used hair spray or hair color or have used previous pesticide (poison) lice shampoos, it is advised you do not use this product in the shower. These previously used products can cause the hair to matte. If this occurs, simply apply a basic hair conditioner to entire head. Leave on for approximately 30-60 minutes, then comb and rinse.
Always keep LICE TRAP SHAMPOO out of your eyes and off your face. If you get anything in your eyes, flush with generous amounts of water.
- Lice Trap™ Shampoo Lice Life Cycle: How to Break the Lice Life Cycle.
- Head Lice Myths Exposed: Exposes embarrassing and/or dangerous myths commonly believed about head lice.
- The Facts of Lice: Great for sharing. Print it to distribute to schools, camps or clubs or for your own reference.
- Dangers of Head Lice Pesticides: Why it is so dangerous to use pesticides on your childs head.
- Did You Know? Just how poisonous are those other products? Lice Facts: More little or unknown Lice Facts that you need to know.
- Lice Facts: More little or unknown Lice Facts that you need to know.
All Natural Ginesis products are safe and non-toxic when used as directed. Natural Ginesis is not a substitute for medical advice. The operators of this website and those who provide information for this site do not directly or indirectly practice medicine or dispense medical advice or services through this website. You should not rely on this information to determine a diagnosis or course of treatment, nor should it be considered a replacement for consultation with a physician or other certified healthcare provider. Natural Ginesis and its distributors do not make representations or warranties with respect to any information offered or provided on or through any company web sites regarding treatment, action or application of product. Neither Natural Ginesis nor any of its divisions or contributors shall have any liability for the content, errors or omissions in the information provided by this web site. Neither Natural Ginesis nor its distributors are responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis, or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site. Those with health problems, pregnancy or who are nursing are specifically advised that they should consult their physician before taking any nutritional supplement.